Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to Baby Days?

With all the "big boy" changes Brody has had over the last few months, it's no wonder he is maybe looking for a little time back in his baby days....
June - becoming a big brother to little Sienna
September - his soother was suddenly broken and there was no replacement
October - he made his transfer into a 'big boy' bed and said goodbye to the crib
November - had his 2nd birthday (officially entering the ~terrible~ twos!)
December - started potty training and took to it very well, becoming a potty master in 2 weeks and even now trying to "pee like daddy" (although mommy is holding back on that one to avoid any 'aiming mishaps' for the time being)
Last Week....
One morning I awoke to the sound of Brody's voice..but it was different somehow....trying to decipher this at 6:30am was difficult...but...yep...wait a sec....I'm pretty sure that I hear him through Sienna's monitor....
What could he possibly be doing in there THIS early in the morning???

Well he decided to venture into Sienna's room (while she was still sleeping at 6:30 AM) and climb into bed with her...
He very carefully crawled over her and layed next to her under the covers and turned on her Ocean Wonders. When I came in the room and turned the light on I said "Brody, what are you doing?" To which he replied "I sleep with Sienna, Mommy, and play her music..."
I called for Scott to grab the camera so we could take a couple pics before I took him out. We'll see how he feels about this one when he's 16.....heehee
But at least for the time being we need to find a way to keep him out of Sienna's room while we are sleeping since next time he might lay on her or something....any suggestions?





2 comments:

Karatje said...

Brody has changed a TONNE over the last few months....a real little man!

That story cracks me up!!
Brody must miss her so much that he can't wait to spend time with her first thing in the morning!!

What if you put one of those plastic doorknob locks on the outside of Sienna's door so he can't get in??

Scott & Tessa said...

we tried, but because we have handles and not knobs we have a different type of those plastic things and he just pushes down on the handle hard enough that it unlocks the safety.